Admin > Update Locations
Now that we’ve created at least one warehouse within the system, we can begin to create locations that exist within each warehouse. You can simply enter the location ID and location type to get started but we recommend you complete as many fields as are necessary for your unique business needs such as setting different allocation priorities for short term and long term storage within your warehouse. If you have many locations to create for your warehouse, you may find that our Location Import Template may be the most time efficient option. For more detailed information about locations or using the Location Import Template see Update Locations.
- From the main menu bar select Admin
- Select Update Locations from the Admin sub-menu
- In the Warehouse drop down, select the warehouse you wish to add locations for
- Click the Add button to manually create a location
- Enter the location ID in the Location
The number of fields for the location ID are controlled within the settings of the Warehouse. To modify this setting for a warehouse, see Create Warehouse
- Select the Location Type for this location
Smart User Tip: The majority of your locations likely will be Storage. Bear in mind that locations marked as Quarantine do not allow stock contained within to be allocated for orders. See Add Location for additional information regarding location types.
- Click Save to create your location.