Items > Create Items
The item guide is the backbone of your 3PL Warehouse Management System. Whereas the item inventory for each customer may be quite large you may find that our Item Import Template may be the most time effective option when adding inventory. The steps below cover the minimum requirements to create an item. However, there are additional fields that may be needed to support your process flows. We strongly suggest you review the additional fields in detail. For more information regarding creating items and the item import template see Create Item.
- Select Items from the main menu
- From the items sub-menu select Create Item
- In the Choose a Customer drop down, ensure that the appropriate customer has been selected
- On the Description tab:
- Enter the SKU of the item
- Select an Inventory Method
Although only the SKU and Inventory Method are system requirements on this tab, we suggest that you review the additional fields in detail as your organization may require fields such as Serial numbers or Expiration dates for entries. For more information, see Create Item > Description.
- On the Unit of Measure (UOM) tab:
- Select the Primary Unit Type from the drop down
This will be the main unit type that you will use when ordering and maintaining inventory for this item.
- Indicate the Package Unit Type for the item
- Enter the # of Inventory Units per the Package Unit type
- The Dimensions and Weight fields are required, if you do not wish to track this information a “1” can be entered into the fields at this point
Although only the Unit type, and dimensions fields are required, the remaining fields may be of vital importance to you or your customer. We suggest that you review the additional fields in detail. For more information, see Create Item > Unit of Measure.
- Click the Save button
- An alert will appear confirming the creation of the SKU for your item