Shipping > Create Order
An Order is the way that items leave your inventory. Like receivers, orders can be submitted through an import file or entered manually within the system. Unlike receivers however, orders can also be submitted electronically through an established connection (such as EDI and FTP). For more information regarding Orders see Shipping.
- Select Shipping from the main menu
- From the Shipping sub-menu click Create Order
- In the Choose a Customer drop-down, select the customer the order is for
- Ensure the appropriate warehouse is selected in the Warehouse drop down
- Enter a unique reference number for the order in the Ref# field
- Click the Save button
- Expand the ShipTo section to access the shipping details
- Click the Edit button to begin adding the shipping address details
Although only the fields marked with the red asterisk (*) are required, we strongly suggest you review the remaining fields in detail.
- Click the Save button to save your address details
- Expand the Carrier & Routing section
- Click the Edit button to begin adding carrier, routing, and special instruction details for the order
- Click the Save button to save your carrier and routing details
- Expand the Line Items section to begin adding the inventory items needed for the order
- Click the Quick Add button
You can also use the Add button, but our Quick Add feature allows for you to show and select items to add to the order by serial number or expiration date, view an image of the item (if activated) and search for items by multiple trackbys.
- Identify the SKU needed
- Enter the quantity needed in the Qty field
- Click the:
- Add&Close button if this is the only item for this order or
- Add button if you wish to add additional line items to this order
- Expand the Price & Confirm section to enter billing charges
- Click the Edit button to specify Billing charges for the order (if necessary)
For more information regarding Billing and charges see Billing Wizard.
Otherwise click the Complete button when you have completed entering your order